When organizations measure the outcome and results of training, they often look for increased sales. This is certainly one result that everyone wants! There are many desirable benefits of customer service training, besides reaching your goals. Let’s take a look at what they are.
- Motivation/ engagement – Providing your team with training, shows them that you care about their individual development and career advancement. This will motivate and inspire your customer service reps to go the extra mile to help customers. They’ll be more willing to take ownership of each call and follow through with deeper engagement and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge/ skills – One common goal of training is to improve the knowledge and skill set of your staff. Some areas that may be included in customer service training are communication skills, listening skills, problem-solving approaches and the benefits of staying organized. Training helps you standardize processes and methods for consistent performance across your team as well.
- Confidence/ morale – Training your staff will build their confidence with increased knowledge and improved skills. This confidence will be evident to customers and create better results. This will also produce a boost in your team’s morale.
- Satisfaction – Customer service training, results in a more skilled customer service team. This increases customer confidence that their issues will be resolved quickly and effectively whenever they call your team. When customers feel they are well cared for, their level of satisfaction increases.
- Influence – Excellent customer service often makes a difference when prospects are selecting a vendor. Pricing and special promotions become less important in their decision-making process and final purchase. It puts your brand in a superior position to that of your competition.
- Loyalty – When customers have an excellent experience before, during and after the buying process, they will want to do business with you again and again. This creates customer loyalty and removes your worry of securing repeat business. Not only that, it makes it easier to grow your business when customer retention is high!
- Profits – As we’ve discussed above, customer service training increases customer satisfaction and retention. According to Bain and Co., a 5% increase in customer retention can increase a company’s profitability by up to 75%. That’s a huge impact on profits!
- Reputation – SDL Global CX Wakeup Call Report indicates that 73 % of customers satisfied by their customer service experience will recommend a brand to others. According to this report, 46% say they will also trust the recommended brand’s products and services above all others. Word gets around when your customer service team is excellent!
- Differentiate – In today’s highly competitive marketplace, having the best customer service around can be a key selling point to help your company stand out in the crowd. What an excellent way to differentiate yourself, especially when the customer experience has become more important than ever!
As you can see, there are many benefits you will enjoy when you provide customer service training to your team. Of course, hitting your targets is an important one too!
Ready to enjoy these benefits and more? Teknosell offers customer service training that prepares your customer service staff to provide superior service. Contact us to learn more about Teknosell’s customer service training programs or to get started. You may qualify for a FREE 3-month pilot program!